As you may...or may not....have read on the side-bar of my blog, one of the books I'm currently reading is Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein". A few minutes ago I came across a quote that really struck me, and I thought I'd treat y'all to the words of a true literary master for a change of pace:
"To be friendless is indeed to be unfortunate; but the hearts of men, when
unprejudiced by any obvious self-interest, are full of brotherly love and charity."
Poor Frankenstein. I mean, imagine people screaming at the top of their lungs and trying to beat you to death with giant sticks every time you walk into a room! If even one person cried out in horror at the mere sight of me, I'd never recover. 

Anyways...
I'm not sure why this quote leapt off the page at me. Perhaps because since I've left home I have come to realize that friendship is something I've been richly blessed with throughout my entire life. And it is invaluable. It's MasterCard priceless.
Back in May and June I hemmed and hawed for a long time about possibly blogging this year. While I had many doubts and reservations I am happy to say that blogging has become one of my favourite pastimes as the weeks go by and I pour a lot of my heart, soul, and TIME into my posts. Interestingly enough not because I'm some kind of egotistical wanna-be writer who likes to "hear the sound of her own voice"....which should technically be "read the brilliance of her own literary genius...ness ;)" ... No, the reason I love my blog is because of the reactions I get from all of you. The "talkbacks" you leave on my site as well as the e-mails/Facebook messages you send about my posts. Friends and family: people I hope I will never again take for granted. So give yourself a little pat on the back, cuz if you've ever left a comment on my blog, you've probably made my day at some point. :)

4 comments:
yipppeee!
:)
and YOU have also made many of my days much more dandy!
awww... :)
its amazing how self-interest,self-absorbtion,self-pity,self-everything is the cause of a lot (all?) of pain in the world... it removes us from God, removes us from others. in our heads, it puts us in control, and makes everyone else responsible for the consequenes.
i like that quote a lot. oh mary... what one dark night at Byrons house with a bunch of writers will do to a girl..
oh my! and i just noticed you are reading life of pi! LOVED IT!!!
Post a Comment