currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Friday, January 16, 2009

Prayer Request

Hia.
Today's blog is not a happy one for me. As many of you probably know my mom is planning on coming to visit me this February. Plane ticket is bought and everything. However I just found out tonight that the renewed permanent resident card that my mom applied for in NOVEMBER already hasn't come yet and after calling to inquire about it she found out that her application hasn't even been processed yet! She is working on speeding up the process as much as humanly possible, but we are starting to get very nervous. She was supposed to get a call back today, but so far ... nothing. She can't leave the country without this card!!!!! I would be super disappointed if my mom can't come in February. Super disappointed. And so would she! Plus it turns out my sister-in-law and her mom are also planning on coming and it would just be the hugest bummer for all of us if this didn't work out.
So if everyone could just keep this in their prayers that would be a HUGE help. Just pray that my mom gets some kind of confirmation that it will be ready in time!!!

Thanks a million!!!

On the funnier side...some guy who found me on the German version of Facebook has been emailing me, called me today on the PHONE to chat, and wants to meet me sometime for coffee. Right, I'm gonna spend 80 euros to take the train across the country for COFFEE. Never mind the fact that I would never agree to meet this complete stranger. No worries, it ain't gonna happen. I just don't get why I only get asked out in weird creepy ways. Never any normal nice guys...

2 comments:

bria erskine said...

I'll for sure be prayin' about that! And just for the record, I don't think that I have ever been liked by a normal male. They've all been weird, slightly geeky, and somewhat out-of-place...even James. I guess they were all nice, but never ever normal. :)

marklar said...

prayers are definitely going out, girl.

and...i don't think i've ever been liked by a normal male either. what's with this trend?