currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

100 Posts!!!

Happy 100 posts to me! Wooo. (Technically this is the 101st blog post, but the last one was so measly and kind of an ad-on to the post about my New Year's that I'm not counting it as the 100th post...)
So it turns out I'm going to England in May as a supervisor on a class trip! That's ten days all inclusive everything, including sight-seeing in London, for only 200 Euros. Isn't life grand??? Well, other than today: I had to bring my brand-spanking new laptop into the store where I bought it YESTERDAY cuz the screen keeps going dark...but they said if they can't fix that I'll just get a new one. Funny enough my last laptop did that when I got it three years ago, too. What's with computers hating me??? So I'm alright. I was super frustrated this morning tho, cuz I needed my computer for my lesson this afternoon and I had to come up with a whole new plan for the grade 11s in a very very very short time. In fact, I have to go teach that lesson in 15 minutes, so I'm kind of curious as to how it's going to go. Either way, I'm trying not to let things get me down. I'm just so tired of dealing with computer issues already. Let's just say 2009 hasn't really started off that well...But I'm hoping it'll go up from here...

Ok, well I just finished my class with the gr. 11s and it actually went really well. Thank goodness cuz today would have just been depressing otherwise. Actually, that's not true. My lesson with the gr. 6's this morning was excellent! So much fun!

Anywho, I realized that I completely forgot to mention that there is about 15 cm of snow lying on the ground here in Eilenburg! Isn't that crazy? And it's -19. I do know that you are all experiencing a much colder winter, but still, for Germany this is freaking blizzard weather! Lol!!! I can't even ride my bike anywhere!!! I have to take the bus today. Which is, by the way, the reason I am blogging in the teacher's lounge even though I'm done class for the day. My bus only comes in half an hour. And I'm not even sure where my bus stop is cuz I haven't had to take the bus yet. But I'm sure I'll find something that'll take me in the homeward direction. The amount of bus stops in this country is ridiculous! :)

Just something to cheer you up in case you're having as challenging a week as I seem to be:




I'm just a bit of an Audrey Hepburn freak. :P And her face always makes me smile. If I had to define 'classy' I would just say her name. She had more class in her pinkie finger than I have in my whole being.

No comments: