I listened to "Failing the Rorschach Test" by the Matthew Good Band on repeat all day yesterday. I think I just might have a new favourite song... I mean, technically it's an old song, but I've only owned the CD for about a month, so it's new to me...

Hey alice
i'm caving in
i know it's not allowed
but sometimes i fantasize
i'm peeling off my skin
enough to fill it up again
hey rabbit
into the pavement
i'm caving in
mother told me to be something
so i'm afraid enough to stay wide awake
hey rabbit
i came to win
i know it's not allowed
but sometimes you might find
it feels like nothing is
and it's everything you've been
hey alice
into the pavement
i'm caving in
mother told me to be something
so i'm afraid enough to stay wide awake
this ain't real baby, i've got a better excuse for myself
i'm always here.

2 comments:
Way to go with the lyrics post, I like that song alot too. If you like 'Beautiful Midnight' you should also pick 'Underdogs' if you don't already have it. There's a song on there called 'Middle Class Gangsters' that's one of my favourite MGB songs. Have you heard his new 'Live at Massey Hall' album? It might be hard to find in Germany but it's really good too. Hopefully they don't dub the music over in German like the do to the movies! :) Have a great weekend!
hey, i noticed you're reading 'the handmaid's tale', that's a great one. i read it last year and totally loved it.
Post a Comment