Status of my throat at 4am...yes, I actually woke up because swallowing was so painful: Felt like I had tried to swallow an egg whole...more like an ostrich egg....or possibly dinosaur...but it got stuck half-way down. That is, an egg that I had first covered in crazy glue and then rolled around in a vat full of sharp objects...you know, like pins & needles, screws, glass shards, freshly sharpened pencil tips, shark's teeth... the usual. And after swallowing said Death Egg someone with a pair of brass knuckles came along and decided to punch me in the throat several dozen times.
Status of my throat upon awakening: Egg had swollen to twice the size and pointy, sharp INANIMATE objects had somehow reproduced and multiplied. Thought life was going to end on creaky bed at relatives' house in Black Forest, while wearing the ugliest pajama combination known to man, surrounded by half-empty glasses of water, cough candy wrappers, and used kleenex.
Had intermittent coughing spasm during breakfast
Current status of throat: Death Egg has passed through due to previously mentioned hack-fest. Possibly on its way to terrorize further internal organs. In any case, I can now swallow without wanting to slit open my own throat for relief.
New Years Eve might be alright after all!
currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry you're feeling miserable, Jule. Hope you're feeling better soon. By the way, LOVE the song you have currently playing on iTunes... :-)
Post a Comment