currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sorry if you get a little queasy when you read this one...

Hello Hello. Hope you all had a good Christmas. Mine was great. During the five years that I lived in Germany with my family we always spent Christmas with my aunt, uncle, and cousins here in Öschelbronn, so it was really great to kind of relive those days this Christmas. All the stress, bickering, and disagreeing on EVERYTHING. I totally forgot how much I missed that. LOL! Seriously, no one can fight like my German relatives. I just sit there with a goofy grin on my face, recalling all the wonderful old memories. :D But I also laughed harder than I have in probably 4 months that night. Seriously, me and my cousins were cackling so hard it hurt. The only true difference being that this year I got to PARTAKE in the best part...or parts...those being the champagne, wine, and schnaps toasts... Hoorah for being of age. ... Did I really just write 'hoorah'? Oh geez.
So I took pics at Christmas but seeing as how my only Internet option here is DIAL-UP (the sacrifices I go through just to stay in touch with ya'll) there is NO FLIPPING WAY I'm going to be uploading them til I get back to my apartment after New Year's. Sorry. :P
Um, so what else? Oh ya, I got SICK on Boxing Day. All of my relatives had the freaking bubonic plague (I have no idea how to spell that and I'm too lazy to look it up...) and I thought I could fight it off. I always think that. And then I get it right when I think I'm safe. So I spent the day on the couch with a fever, hot-cold chills, a headache, and that awful flu-ey achey feeling all over my body. Not. Cool. I always get sick at Christmas. Always. But usually my body has the decency to only allow the common cold to take over my immune system...not the flipping flu. Grrrr. I will make my body PAY! No chocolate for a month! ... or a day or so...
Anyways, I slept for over 10 hours that night and I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better. Now I'm just blowing what I'm certain would be the world record amount of mucous out of my face and coughing up all internal organs. Thankfully those two symptoms seem to be tag-teaming it so at least my body hasn't completely betrayed me. Mutiny.
Now that you're all completely disgusted...
Since I was feeling much better yesterday (as in I was no longer convinced that I had one foot in the grave...) I went to the movies with my aunt and cousin. 'Willkommen bei den Scht'ies' which is a French film. Holy mother it was funny! If it gets translated into English make sure you watch it. European films are flipping amazing, by the way. What's with the world's obssession with crappy American brainless humour? I mean, there wasn't one sex joke in the entire movie we watched yesterday but I was still laughing my butt off. American comedies seem to think that sex jokes = funny, aka. the more pervy stuff you can stuff into 96 minutes (which, sadly enough, seems to represent the North American attention span), the more money you'll make off your film. Stupid concept. Unfortunately film audiences only serve to confirm this idea, as those movies really do seem to become the 'big hits'. I mean, I enjoy a good Ben Stiller flick as much as the next person, but seriously...Anyways, enough ranting.
*cough attack followed by nose-blowing marathon*
Ok, well, I think that's all I've got for today. My brain feels like it's all over the place. Possibly cuz it's slowly but steadily emptying out of all facial orifices. Ok, I'm officially disgusting.
In case I don't get around to blogging again by New Year's, which is quite probable, as my patience seems to be seeping out of my body with all the phlegm (I can't stop with the disgusting bodily fluids jokes! must...quit...blogging....soon...) and the next time I try to connect to the Internet I might end up chucking this relic from the Mesozoic era out the window before it gets there, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year! Just think..it'll be 2009....and I'm coming home in 2009! Crazy!
Much love.
Jule.
xoxo
*coughing spasm*

No comments: