currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Claus is comin to town

First of all, I hate to admit this, but I think Mark is right. I think you’re supposed to spell "clutz" with a ‘k’. Shoot. I’ve been spelling it wrong for the past…forever. Dang it. Ok, so I’m a klutz, not a clutz…Either way I’ve got bruises to prove it. Whether they’re klutzy bruises or clutzy bruises, they still hurt… :)

Ok, now that that’s over with. So the weekend was a good time. I took the train out to Ellefeld again cuz it was "Teeabend" weekend in our old church. Teeabend (translation: tea evening) is an annual event that takes place on the Saturday before the second Advent. It’s basically just for fun and "fellowship" (I HATE that word. It think it sounds really silly….) with friends and whatever. We sing songs, people do skits and sketches, young, cute, and extremely nervous kids play instruments and all us adults go "awwwwwwwwww". Oh, and you drink tea and eat little German cookies. But this year they also had these little dough ball things. Basically like timbits. But not. Dang yummy. Anyways, I’ve been in Ellefeld so much in the past two months but I couldn’t miss Teeabend. Lol.

On Friday night we were just good Germans and watched a very exciting soccer game on TV. I actually watched the whole thing without picking up my VOGUE, which was lying ready right beside me. Impressive, hey?

And on Sunday a bunch of us ‘youth’ from church wanted to go skating. So we drove to Schönheide. And the rink was closed. So we drove to Eibenstock. To mini-golf. Now I’m not usually the biggest fan of said "sport", but heck, there were 9 of us, so it promised to at least be silly. And I’m an expert at silly. Good times.

Here are some links with pics for those of you who don't have Facebook: (The first two albums are "old" so you’ll have to skip whatever you’ve seen…)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=81672&l=4b7d7&id=573967603
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=85163&l=65128&id=573967603
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=87784&l=58635&id=573967603

Oh, and today I sang "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" akapella for the grade 5s. They were so dang cute. Heck, they clapped for me. Of course I'd think they're cute, right? lol. And I have to do my Christmas lesson about 6 or 7 more times next week. So I'm gonna be a frigging expert at this song.
l
...
l
Ok, so I just finished doing my devotions and guess what I just read in 1. Cor. 7? "But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this." See? Paul agrees with me! ... Ok ok, I know you have to take all of this in context, aka. read the preceding and following verses etc. plus the whole "it's better to marry than to burn with passion" bit. And I'm sure my dad and Jordan will explain the hidden meaning that I didn't get or whatever. But I couldn't help but smile when this happened to come along in my devos mere days after my marriage rant... :)

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Haha, oh no! I hope I'm not getting a reputation for being dogmatic or long-winded on your blog... I am certainly under-qualified when it comes to interpreting large sections of the Bible, unlike your dad who knows way more about the Bible that I probably ever will! You are truly blessed to have a father who can help you with that stuff. I actually would like to hear him preach more often in our church.

In light of this, I hereby resolve to not leave comments on your blog longer than 20 lines... or maybe 30...

marklar said...

yay for klutz! i only know spelling when it's words that are close to my heart.

JuliaD said...

no jordan! that wasn't what i meant! i really appreciate it when you actually take the time to lay out your thoughts here! i enjoy learning things and maybe seeing things from a totally different perspective. i was actually curious to know what you think about that verse...or that chapter in general... :) plus, if anyone on this planet is longwinded, that's definitely me. lol. :D