currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Holidays for no reason...I could get used to this...

So this is just an informative note. I'm leaving on two weeks of fall holidays today. I'm taking the train to Claudia's place in Zwickau and tomorrow (at the UNHOLY hour of 5am) we and one more girlfriend (Daniela) will be taking a super cheap train to Berlin, where we will be staying with a friend of Claudia's and his roommate. (All we have to do is cook for them! Gotta love cheap accommodations :)) Anywho, we'll be there for a few days and I will not be reachable. So obviously I also won't be posting anything til the weekend. So if you try to call me and it says the phone is disconnected...it's cuz I'm disconnecting it for the next two weeks. :) After our Berlin trip I'll be back in Ellefeld and I'm sure the blogging will recommence immediately. Although I'm starting to wonder if anyone is even still reading...It's been strangely "quiet" on my blog lately. :D

Oh hey! I thought of another thing the other day that isn't so cool about living alone! I now have to pull my OWN hair out of the sink and bathtub drains. I could not BELIEVE what reappeared out of the plumbing depths of my bathroom this Saturday! How do I even have any hair still left on my head??????????? Dad, it's official. I miss you. :P

And since this is such a short post I'll provide a little more entertainment by leaving you with some more words by D.H. Lawrence. This guy is freaking insightful and rather hilarious sometimes!!!

"When they were together, doing the things they enjoyed, the two sisters were quite complete in a perfect world of their own. And this was one of the perfect moments of freedom and delight, such as children alone know, when all seems a perfect and blissful adventure."

Ah sisters! Nothing better....

"'Yes, but where's your special world?' said Gerald.
'Make it. Instead of chopping yourself down to fit the world, chop the world down to fit yourself.'"


I just like that one.

"'You don't think one could live with him' asked Ursula.
'I think it would be too wearing, too exhausting. One would be shouted down every time, and rushed into his way without any choice. He would want to control you entirely. He cannot allow that there is any other mind than his own. No, I think it would be perfectly intolerable.'
'Yes," assented Ursula vaguely...'The nuisance is,' she said, 'that one would find almost any man intolerable after a fortnight.'"


AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyways, have a good rest of your Oktober! :) Hey...it's Oktoberfest this weekend.... :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice talking to you yesterday... have a great time on your 2-wk vacation!

Roo said...

I'M READING!!!!!! :) have an awesome little holiday. xo