Taught a gr. 6 and a gr. 5 class by myself today. Was so fun. Plus my usual gr. 11 class. That one wasn't as great cuz I had four new students this time so we kind of had to hurriedly go through what we did last class again and so it was kind of a flustered annoying class, but whatevs. Next week'll be better. All in all, though, it was a good day. I'm starting to get the hang of all this teaching stuff. Woohoo!
l
On to more important things than my future:
l
1) I have now been on the longest train platform in Germany. Actually more like froze my butt off for half an hour while waiting for my connecting train. Said train platform is in Gößnitz. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing worth mentioning in that town...I was sitting on the far right where the blonde chick is ->
The sign says "we welcome you on the longest train platform in Germany!" How exciting...
2) Remember that bottle of ketchup I bought on my first day here in Eilenburg... in September? Well, I opened it for the first time last Thursday! Gasp! I can see the jaws of all friends and family members who know of my 21-year-long unfaltering dependence on ketchup falling to the floor at the mere thought of me not having used my version of crack-cocaine (seriously, I would shoot up with a needle if my veins had taste buds...) since September! Well, let me just calm your tattered nerves. I have used ketchup, just not in my apartment. I don't really cook much meat other than ground beef for spaghetti sauce, and I haven't made any potatoes yet, so I haven't actually needed ketchup. (I'm such a pasta freak. And in my EXPERT opinion ketchup does NOT belong on noodles.) I was kind of shocked myself, at how long I made it without. I have eaten ketchup on weekends when I've been at other peoples' houses, so I wasn't going through complete withdrawal. Plus my Miracle Whip addiction is still goin' strong. Anyways, I visually chronicled the momentous, nay, ceremonious Ketchup-Bottle-Opening to make sure you would not miss out on all the excitement. I nearly fogged up my windows in my tomato-y-goodness anticipation!
Is that pathetic?
Doesn't matter.
I find ways to amuse myself.
I'm gonna be one crazy old spinster!!! Yay!
Endless Devotion

7 comments:
ketchup is wonderful, i have to agree.
but miracle whip!!??? in my humble opinion, its invention was definitely not one of mankind's finer moments.
1. Miracle whip is simply a perversion of the stellar mayonaise; at least twice the fat content, and also nearly lethal if left in the sun for too long.
2. Whatever weird coloring book characters your freaky typewriter makes, please refrain from using them when naming real places. I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the "letters" in the name of the town you... drew?... for your "world's longest train platform" do not exist.
äöüßäöüßööüäääöüßßßßßß.
that's right.
i'm a petulant, belligerent. child
miracle whip will rule the world.
Lol I'm glad you chronicled "The Opening of the Ketchup"... otherwise I wouldn't have believed it made it that long without being used.
I agree with James. Reminds me of the Simpsons epidode when the grandpa works at Krusty Burger: "We're out of special sauce! Put this Miracle Whip in the sun!"
Funny cause it's probably true.
well that's why i keep my miracle whip in the freaking fridge where most normal ppl keep it. i mean, who keeps miracle whip, or mayo for that matter, in the sun? that's just stupid. and you all are not going to wean me off of a 21 year miracle whip addiction just by saying that it gets funky if you keep it in the sun too long. and by the way, we have only ever used miracle whip at my house and i frequently took potato salad to work and would eat it after hours of sitting in my warm bag and even warm sun on the drive to work. haven't died yet. so there!
Never mind the Miracle Whip and ketchup... I'm salivating over the Hawaiian toast!!! Looks good.
Post a Comment