currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Friday, November 14, 2008

Not much to say...

Hia! Well, I don't really have a specific purpose for writing today, but I just wanted to pop in once more before the weekend, cuz after school today I have to book it to my apartment, pick up my backpack, and then book it to the train station. I'm heading back to Ellefeld today. It's Josephine's 12th birthday on Sunday and she really wanted me to come. How can you say no to that child? I couldn't when she was a baby and I still can't today. It's really sweet...she watches everything I do. She is suddenly very interested in make up and shoes! lol. Nice to know I make some kind of impact on people, hey? So I got her a few makeup-y things and some funky face masks for her present. I think she'll have a lot of fun with that.
And on Saturday I'm gonna bake again for the first time since I left home! yay! I'm excited about that. I mean, I know I could do it here in Eilenburg, but that just isn't happening for two reasons:
1) I don't feel like having to buy all those different ingredients that I know I'll never use up
2) If I bake things...that means someone has to eat them...and I prefer not to eat giant cakes and whole batches of cookies on my own. In fact, since I've been living on my own I pretty much only eat "junky" stuff when I go out, or to someone's house! It's the single-living-alone-person's diet... :) The only place I've "gained" any weight is my calves from cycling every day...seriously, folks, some of my skinny jeans don't want to come off in the evenings! Let's just hope my boots keep zipping up. lol.

So you might be wondering how things have been going...since that's actually the purpose of this blog...I mean, I told you already of my love for canned whipped cream (which apparently really got Ruth all fired up :P) but that's not really a good 'life update', hey? Well, I haven't said much else, cuz there's not much to tell! Things are just running smoothly! I'm really really enjoying everything out here. I'm just feeling quite settled in right now, which is a feeling that I've been grabbing onto and consciously taking pleasure in. I'll walk down the street to my grocery store or my bank and just enjoy how it feels like my own little personal home. A home I don't share with anyone else. A place I've MADE to my own home. It's fun to notice that I don't even really pay attention to where I have to go...my feet just take me there. I recognize things... These seem like such stupid simple things, but these are also the moments that will put a spontaneous smile on my face when my brain suddenly perks up and says, "hey, have you noticed this yet?" I can't really describe it, but it's neat. :P

School is going very well. The longer I'm here the more the students warm up to me. My grade 10 class (that I teach by myself on Wednesdays) consists of 4 girls who are FINALLY starting to come out of their shells. And all the other classes are just really really fun. Again, not much to report. There are a couple of classes that I'm only starting next week, so we'll see what that brings! :)

Well, seems that even when I really had absolutely nothing to say as I stared blankly at the "New Post" page, I just can't keep my brain from blaeouieaohing all over the page. So there you have it....this weeks Blaeiouaiuehs. If you don't understand the last two sentences...I can't help you.

Have a fabulous weekend. I am greatly looking forward to being in a heated house for 2.5 days! Wooooo! What are you looking forward to this weekend? Think about and take conscious pleasure from it. It'll make your day, I promise!

1 comment:

Roo said...

how's the whipping cream stash holding up? ;)