currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Monday, November 17, 2008

Sheets and PJs

Nice thing about living alone:

- I can not shower and walk around in my fat pants and sports bra all day without having to worry about running into anyone. Ah luxury.

Not nice thing about living alone:

- Folding fresh bed sheets by myself sucks. It's so much easier when you have someone to do it with. Especially my mom, cuz we have our system down pat! :D And I never fall over when we do it - only mom. :D



_______________


Had a really good weekend in Ellefeld. Greatly enjoyed the highly anticipated warmth that I mentioned in my last blog entry. Baked so much stuff for Phine's birthday! Seriously, 9 hours straight! lol. And somehow everything turned out incredibly even though I didn't have some of the right ingredients for my Canadian recipes. At one point I had 3 cakes on the go while I talked to mom on the phone for an hour - and none of the batters got mixed up or anything! One word. MIRACLE.

My reverse chocolate chip cookies were a huge hit at the bday party, as were the regular choc chip ones...they don't exist here in Germany and everyone was all like "it's just like when you guys used to live here and your mom baked all those amazing things!" What a freaking huge compliment! And my CAKE! I ate two pieces myself it was so good! lol. Nancy has now made it her responsibility to fatten me up on the weekends cuz every time I come over my jeans seem to look a little looser. She is now of the opinion that I don't eat. lol.


Daniel, the eldest Maedler child, was home this weekend as well. Surprised Phine Saturday morning by appearing for breakfast. It was really cute. (He goes to University in northern Germany, so he's not home very much.) It was the first time I'd seen Daniel again since I was 13 and he was 12. Made for a fun weekend.


Today ... hmmmm. I did my laundry, went grocery shopping... now I'm plannning on watching season 2 of Gilmore Girls - borrowed the DVDs from a friend. That's about it. I'm thinking omlette for supper... yes, I have resorted to telling you what I'm making for supper. That's how uneventful Mondays are :)


Oh, here are a few pics from the weekend. It's an old album so just skip whatever you've already seen...




Ciao

5 comments:

Jordan said...

So now that we've both seen the new Bond movie, what did you think?

JuliaD said...

I thought it was quite decent. I have to admit, watching it in German immediately makes it not quite as good. The British-ness of the Bond character obviously doesn't come across at all. But I have a bias - I LOVE Daniel Craig as Bond. I like the fact that he's a little rougher around the edges. Pierce Brosnan was far too slimy for me. Didn't like him AT ALL. Craig is charming and smooth yet totally agressive and raw at the same time. Hard to explain.
The movie itself...well, the plot was pretty thin, but had some really good action and I liked it that Judy Dench was in it a little more this time around. Love her. I liked Casino Royale better, but this wasn't too bad. The Bond girl wasn't exactly the best, but I can get over that...
What did you think?

Anonymous said...

I really liked it. I know exactly what you mean about Daniel Craig. As far as Bond girls go... at least she didn't launch a nuclear weapon with her butt (one of the old, old ones - some idiot blonde woman leaned her bikini-clad buttocks into a lever that launched a missile). We'll have to watch it in english when you get back. :)

Jordan said...

I also really liked the movie, I'd say it was just as good as Casino Royale. I thought the Bond girl was quite good, she was a better actor and a more complete character than Bond girls of the past. I also loved all the action, car chases, especially the opening scene when Bond was fighting that guy while swinging from ropes. I didn't think the plot was thin, just simple, although in a couple places it moved along so fast I got a little confused.

Do they dub the movie over in German, or add subtitles? If it was dubbed over that would not be as good.

JuliaD said...

all movies get dubbed over. they would never do a movie just with subtitles anymore. ever. germans would never be satisfied with that. every tv show and movie you know exists in german as well. :)

i thought the bond girl actress was monotonous. i liked the character but i didn't find the actress all that interesting. and it was sooooo not as good as casino royale! i mean, daniel craig was, but the plot wasn't...