currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where there are two...

Zoe oh zoe. wherefore art thou oh zoe?
too cheesy? ok...well, I got up at 5:30am so sue me!

Anyways, the point of today's blog is to wish my best friend, Zoe, an unbelievably wonderful birthday. The big 2-5. Quarter of a century. Wooo! I feel like I should congratulate you or something, zo. lol.

Anyways, I wish I could be there to hang a real, live hug onto the birthday wishes, but I guess this will have to do. Sometimes I can't quite believe we've only been friends for a year and a half. Feels like ages. I wonder how many hours we have spent together since that fateful summer day when our hearts, minds, and obssessive love for movies became one as we weeded more freaking potentillas and spireas than I care to remember. :D Although the circumstances surrounding the beginning of our friendship were perhaps less than enjoyable, the fruits of that day were immeasurable. (OH I AM SO CLEVER. GET IT? WE WERE WORKING WITH PLANTS AND IT BORE THE FRUIT OF OUR FRIENDSHIP. GET IT???????? again you must forgive my sleep-deprived condition...)

Ok, before this hilarious display of wit, faintly tinged with uncharacteristic sappiness, gets completely out of hand I'm going to just be serious for a sec. Zoe, I wish you all the best this year. I can't wait til you come out to visit. I'm already planning so much in my head!!!

xoxo

P.S. What's with October? I've sent 4 birthday cards and one wedding card already plus my nephew was just born!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gills, thank you so much... I think that is the nicest birthday wishes I've ever gotten. Love ya, and miss ya so freaking much!!! :)

Cassandra said...

not to rain on your parade zoe, you do deserve all the wishes you received... but

I DIDN'T EVEN GET A POST ON MY BIRTHDAY.
There was Bria, and zoe...AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET A DANG POST TO MARK MY DAY.
happy birthday ME then.

(ps, if you posted my HB on another note, please disregard)
you're lucky you're so dang good looking, because i forgive you..dang it!