currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh where to begin...

First of all I would like to announce here on my blog what most of you probably already know, but I'm a proud "new" auntie (for the fourth time) and need to proclaim my jubilation (another awesome word) as loudly as my little keyboard will allow:

WELCOME ZANE JEFFERY TO OUR CRAZY AWESOME FAMILY!

I knew it was going to be a boy!!!

He was born this Friday the 10th of October (just a day before his uncle's birthday) around 12pm Ontario time and is just the most beautiful newborn baby boy. At least it looks like it in the two pics I've gotten so far. :)

I'm sure Craig is already planning umpteen father-son hunting trips and scouring his magazines for Zane's perfect rifle. Future rifle of course...


The only crappy thing is that he'll literally be over a year old before I get to see him in person. And by that time he won't want to just cuddle with his auntie anymore. sigh.

On to the next important thing on my list (which is lengthy seeing as how I haven't blogged since Thursday...): that is BRIA'S BIRTHDAY. Bria my darlin' you are one of my most precious friends. And I NEVER EVER use the word precious. Too girly. So you should be feeling honoured right now. That's right, I'm making your birthday all about me. :) Seriously tho, I love you like crazy, I think about you every day and pray for you constantly. Much much much love is being sent to you via crazy-powerful telepathic waves across the ocean. xoxoxo.


And ya...the weekend. Let's see. Franzi and I ended up driving to Ellefeld Thursday evening already. On Friday I got together with Daniela. We had the most AMAZING weather this weekend and the trees are all different shades of red, orange, and yellow. We hopped on our bikes and rode around our old stomping grounds. After a little shopping excursion of course (two pairs of beautiful boots. and a sweater. and lots of school supplies. i feel like such a teacher now...) Anyways, I went to school in Falkenstein for three years so we drove out there and checked everything out. It was strange because I had already driven past all of these places in August, but in a car. For some reason when you're in a car everything on the other side of the window is lik a movie...like you're not actually there...just watching something far far away. But going all over the place by bike made it all so real. It was so strange to stand right in front of the door I walked through every day to get to class. Or to touch the red bricks that contained so many rambunctious and obnoxious 10-18 year olds day in and day out. I've mentioned before that sometimes the five years of my childhood in Germany seem like a dream; this bike ride yanked that dream straight back into reality. In a good way. :)

here are some pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76755&l=cbfce&id=573967603





On Saturday I got together with Claudia. Not much to report. Lots and lots of girl talk. Muchly needed. :) I've really noticed how much I talk since I got to Germany - no surprise to the rest of you, just to me. It's nice to have some super super close friends out here that I can tell everything to, makes it feel more like home.

a few fall pics from Saturday. it's an old album so you'll have to find the new pics at the end:


http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=69362&l=27d46&id=573967603




And last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST the Dresdener Semperoper, which I have been waiting for in nail-biting anticipation for a month and a half. It was absolutely spectacularly transcendentally fabulous. Wow those words fall flat in comparison to my memories. I think the pics tell it much better than I do.


Hmmmm, I have never written about so many events in so few words. Today has been slightly hectic and psychotic. I'm a little wound up (not in a bad way) so I think I'll just leave it at this today or I might end up typing a bunch of nonsense and gibberish. You might be wondering how that would differ from my usual blog entries, but I really don't want to get into the fine details and intricacies of my mind's inner workings tonight. Too dangerous. I'm in a strange happy mood. :) Need to get up and do something. Or maybe it's cuz I'm cold. I should turn on some heaters...


I feel like the squirrel from "Over the Hedge" or whatever that movie's called...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I was like that all day on Friday - I mean, I was practically twitching when I sat still for goodness sake. The pics of the opera house look fabulous, so jealous. In a good way of course. :)

Congrats on the new nephew! Sounds like he'll have an upbringing a lot like mine... though I did get a 22, dad has yet to get me a rifle...

"But I like the cookie..." - Hammie (the squirrel) from Over the Hedge

bria erskine said...

Julia! Thx for the birthday wishes and telepathic waves of love...I feel them. I forgot how much I liked my dark hair until you posted that picture, hmmmmmm, maybe it should go back to being that dark?? Anywho, I'm sad for you that you have to wait a whole year to see Zane. You can't make a stop in Ottawa on the way back? The opera house looks amazing and I too am jealous that I wasn't there to experience it with you:)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Julia - you're not the only one missing out on Zane being a baby. I won't get to see him until next year either. :-( Stupid government job moving them to Ottawa!
Anyway, glad you had such a wonderful weekend. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Aw, it's taken me this long to read your blog again (geepers . . . who knew babies took up so much time?) but thanks for "highlighting" us. I'm so sorry you (and most of my MB family / friends) will not get to see Zane in this lovely newborn stage . . . he really is a sweetheart (I'm not biased at all). He's already growing up too fast for my taste ;-)

I also got the "subtle" photo hint . . . I will send more as soon as I take them (just saying that annoys me because I know I haven't been taking enough pictures - if only my husband wasn't allergic to cameras - that would help).

Love you!!

PS - Craig didn't "NEED" a son . . . he's already picked out Jaden's first gun . . . but he is thrilled to have a boy too and I'm sure he's already got hunting equipment in mind for Zane.