currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Monday, October 6, 2008

Krikey! (is that how you spell "krikey"?)

Just popping in to say ... I LEFT NIVERVILLE EXACTLY ONE QUARTER OF A YEAR AGO. Doesn't that sound crazy? I feel crazy when I think it. It's odd ... feels like I've been gone much longer and yet not at all that long ... all at the same time! But we've all known for a while that I'm a walking contradiction.

Hey, at least I keep life interesting...

4 comments:

Roo said...

According to "urban dictionary" its "crickey".

and wowza! time FLIES, heh? i can't believe this year is nearly over. STOP THE CLOCKS!

JuliaD said...

good to know! i've actually always wondered how to correctly spell "crickey". i know for next time! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I always thought it was crikey. But then, I am not a dictionary. :-) It just seems that "crickey" would have a short "i" sound rather than a long "i" sound. But there are exceptions to every rule, grammatically speaking, aren't there?

JuliaD said...

especially since the english language seems to have no hard and fast rules for pronunciation. i am realizing that more and more since i started teaching english to little german kids...