Now normally if I don't have much to say I just don't post anything at all, but it's been a few days and I figured I should just say something to make sure y'all don't lose complete interest.
Well, I haven't actually just been sitting around doing absolutely nothing. Jaden's day care is closed for two weeks because the lady who runs it is on vacation, so I'm taking care of her all day....Jaden, not the day care lady. HAHAHA I'M SO FUNNY!
It feels really nice to actually be doing something for Craig and Rebekah. I was starting to feel really guilty about keeping their couches warm with my lazy bum all week. So now my days are filled with enthusiastic expressions of "Auntie Joooooo-ya Auntie Jooooo-ya!" , "I WANNA DO IT" , "I'm stuck" and her all-time favourite: "tweat peez" (aka treat please). I was blessed with a poopless day on Monday, but Tuesday decided to make up for that terrible oversight. Like, I'm talking chunky. Haha, sorry about that. Couldn't help myself. If I'm having a hard time finding things to write about then you all must suffer!
But really, it's been lots of fun. She's pretty easy to take care of. She just plays with her toys, watches the "beebies" (the TV show Jon and Kate plus 8) every once in a while, and intermittently sings songs to me ("Joo-ya in the bus, mommy in the bus. Mee-mee-mee-mee..." I think it's supposed to be "The wheels on the Bus" song. She's got mad skillz.)
My favourite part of the day is when I do my work outs. She'll sit on the couch behind me and cover herself with a fuzzy green blanket to watch. I'm not sure if her fascination with my antics should flatter or insult me, but either way I'm providing entertainment, so that's what really matters I guess. But the awesome part is when she decides she has had enough of being a mere bystander and decides to participate. Oh it's hilarious. Flailing arms, kicking legs, bending from side to side with her hands on her hips. This girl will have zero body image issues with the whole 'getting in shape at 2' thing! Holy cow. Dedication, folks.
So that's what has been going on with me. I'm basically just trying to teach her whatever random things pop into my head that I find hilarious. Like, I call her names that I know she'll repeat, such as 'little lady' or 'booger face'. Ok ok, I only say the latter very rarely so she doesn't actually repeat it more than once. (And I know 'little lady' doesn't sound like it would be funny, but you should hear her say it...it's on the video I uploaded, but not very clear...) I even showed her some sweet dance moves yesterday with Celine blasting through the house. Now she always asks to dance. Oh, plus I taught her to pound, like with her fist. I mean, it's funny, cuz she's as white as an Irish-Mennonite girl can get ... and she's 2. It's like a wigger child. So now she'll all of a sudden come up to you and say "pound...please...pound...please" until you figure out what she wants. POLITE wigger child. And then she'll make everyone else in the room "pound please". Here, check out the video. Basically, this is what keeps me entertained during the day.
well, she is currently running around the house yelling my name, trying to find me. Although it has grown strangely silent in the last few minutes. I should check this situation out. Oh, and this post is still considered "speechless", by the way. It's a pretty short post in relative comparison to all the previous. Ok, priorities, Julia. "Find ward for which you are responsible..."

4 comments:
haha. Jaden just watched the video of herself and looked all embarrassed. :) she keeps saying "I'm a lady. It's Jaden!"
JULIA! i've been enjoying reading your updates :) looks like travel suits you!
and i just wanted to say that my friend from DTS was on the 1st episode of "jon and kate plus 8". yep, i've never seen it...but apparently it's true!!
love you, jules!!!
she's too cute. rhys was wondering what the little boy in the video was doing so i had to teach him to pound too. (he clearly doesn't understand gender yet...) are you enjoying being a mom for a few weeks?
ya, definitely enjoying the "being mom" thing. and he's not the first little boy to think jaden's a boy. :) heck, with all the gender confusion among adults who can blame kids for being a little confused! :)
thanks for the comment, mel! although the real test of whether "traveling suits me" is still coming up. 11 more days!!!
Post a Comment