Quick Pre-Weekend Note:
That's right, take it in!
My brother-in-law Craig put his expert culinary skills to use and dazzled our senses and delighted our tastebuds with a meal I have been anticipating for over a year (since they moved away from Winnipeg - not kidding). Is there anything quite as tasty as French Onion Soup? I think NOT!
If you remember my post from last weekend, however, you will remember that no cleaning took place on Saturday, so this time it really couldn't be avoided - Rebekah's guilt-crazed conscience had to be appeased, ESPECIALLY with Tim and Andee coming out this week. Now she didn't actually expect me to clean (silly girl - if your little sister is mooching off you for 4 weeks, you should at least guilt her into chores. how did this smarty-pants pull straight A+'s in University?) but I made her accept my reasoning: I could either sit on my butt waiting for her to clean it all by herself or I could help her out so we could get it done in half the time and then we could be outta the house that much sooner! So we cranked up the tunes : some Celine Dion, Phil Collins, Bryan Adams, and Sister Act 2 soundtrack.
and Christian Bale...well, let's just say, he never disappoints. Plus he does the best Batman voice in the history of...Batman. Rebekah and I both found him sufficiently...YUMMY?
This was my supper on Thursday.
That's right, take it in!
My brother-in-law Craig put his expert culinary skills to use and dazzled our senses and delighted our tastebuds with a meal I have been anticipating for over a year (since they moved away from Winnipeg - not kidding). Is there anything quite as tasty as French Onion Soup? I think NOT!
Now to the weekend.
So Craig took little Miss Jaden to his parents' cabin for the weekend, which left these two crazy sisters to their own psychotic devices...FROM FRIDAY EVENING TO SUNDAY EVENING. I know, it seems a little irresponsible for him to leave two such shifty and imbalanced females alone for such a lengthy period of time, but we promised to "be on our best behaviour". (why he took us at our word I will never fully understand. I mean, the guy has known me for about 6 years now...I corrupt innocent people on a daily basis.) But enough about me.
Friday night was super low-key. While Rebekah cooked up some linguine with alfredo sauce and chicken fingers (oh so good) I baked a chocolate spice cake that Rebekah isn't allowed to make due to Craig's poor taste in dessert. Well, technically she's allowed, but who really wants to eat an entire cake all by themselves? ...
Ok, now that I've actually written that out and thought about it, I don't quite
understand why she doesn't bake chocolate spice cake. HELLO!!!!!...NO
COMPETITION. Maybe I'm the only person who feels that way about cake. Lemme know.
Anywho, I baked spice cake. So we just watched some kinda weird movie...shoot...what was it? This
is going to bug me til I think of it. Oh ya, "Unhitched". Basically an unheard of semi-chick movie starring Stuart Townsend, Amy Smart (that's for you, Zoe!), and Seth Green. Not too bad minus the ridiculously overdone stop-the-wedding-in-the-middle-of-the-ceremony-in-a-wetsuit-because-the-groom-is-a-cheating-jerk-and-the-good-sensitive-guy-is-in-love-with-the-flawless-cutiepie-blonde thing. Ok, the wetsuit might have been original. But seriously, tho, the movie had its moments. And really, honestly, seriously, truly you can make any movie amazing by eating two literally giant (and when I say giant, I don't mean anorexic-girl giant, I mean eats-like-a-horse-girl giant) pieces of spice cake loaded with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and chocolate chips. Heck, when I'm in, I'm IN! :) That was Friday.
is going to bug me til I think of it. Oh ya, "Unhitched". Basically an unheard of semi-chick movie starring Stuart Townsend, Amy Smart (that's for you, Zoe!), and Seth Green. Not too bad minus the ridiculously overdone stop-the-wedding-in-the-middle-of-the-ceremony-in-a-wetsuit-because-the-groom-is-a-cheating-jerk-and-the-good-sensitive-guy-is-in-love-with-the-flawless-cutiepie-blonde thing. Ok, the wetsuit might have been original. But seriously, tho, the movie had its moments. And really, honestly, seriously, truly you can make any movie amazing by eating two literally giant (and when I say giant, I don't mean anorexic-girl giant, I mean eats-like-a-horse-girl giant) pieces of spice cake loaded with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and chocolate chips. Heck, when I'm in, I'm IN! :) That was Friday.If you remember my post from last weekend, however, you will remember that no cleaning took place on Saturday, so this time it really couldn't be avoided - Rebekah's guilt-crazed conscience had to be appeased, ESPECIALLY with Tim and Andee coming out this week. Now she didn't actually expect me to clean (silly girl - if your little sister is mooching off you for 4 weeks, you should at least guilt her into chores. how did this smarty-pants pull straight A+'s in University?) but I made her accept my reasoning: I could either sit on my butt waiting for her to clean it all by herself or I could help her out so we could get it done in half the time and then we could be outta the house that much sooner! So we cranked up the tunes : some Celine Dion, Phil Collins, Bryan Adams, and Sister Act 2 soundtrack.
I'm telling you. There is nothing in this WORLD that could motivate me to clean harder than Aretha Franklin's "Deeper Love". Nothing.
So I cleaned my bathroom, the kitchen, Craig and Rebekah's bedroom, Jaden's bedroom, the living room, and the dining room. Now you might be wondering what Rebekah was doing! Well, she cleaned all the stuff out of her suitcases from her visit to Manitoba, did general pick-up/organizing all around the house, and she cleaned her bathroom. (Just for clarification so that Rebekah doesn't suffocate me in my sleep: Other than the bathroom, I was just dusting stuff, so I didn't really do more work than Rebekah, even though it sounds like I cleaned her whole house. :P) Just razzing, Rebekah. :) xoxo.
Then it was time for IKEA! I'd never been there before, so that was cool. Got some SWEET FREAKING curtains there, and pillows (which were actually from the Linen Chest) for Rebekah's house. On the way home we stopped at this place called the Sassy Bead Co. Bria, if you went there you would feel like you had died and gone to a VERY crafty heaven. I have never in my life seen so much incredible jewellery. EVER. I know that I say that a lot, but this time I truly mean it. I mean, it was beyond unique. They actually custom make jewellery for any kind of occasion (weddings blah blah blah). And they have all the supplies you could ever possibly dream of. They even have tables and stuff set up so you can make your own jewellery right there. Very cool. Check out the earrings I got.
I LOVE I LOVE I LOVE I LOVE...
I LOVE...
I LOVE.
Anyways. So then we went home and made triple-decker BLTs with fries and ate almost the rest of the spice cake...with ice cream of course. (We actually ate the last two pieces for breakfast Sunday morning.) Watched more movies. Good times. Really, honestly, this weekend might sound relatively uneventful to you guys, but I don't think you can really appreciate what I'm writing about here unless you know what it's like to just love spending time with your sister. I mean, once she gets married, moves out, has babies, it all kind of changes. Well, totally changes. I'm not saying it's a bad change...it just IS change. So it's nice to experience "the way it used to be" every once in a while. Gives you all those warm fuzzy sentimental things...emotions or whatever... :P
But today (Sunday) was really the icing on the cake. After church we drove to Ottawa (singing along to Celine Dion the ENTIRE way just like we always used to do when I was still in high school and Rebekah was in university) so that I could finally lay my 6-month nail-biting anticipation and obssession for Batman:The Dark Knight to rest. I can't even describe in words how long I have been waiting to see this movie.
All I'm going to say is IF YOU HAVEN'T GONE TO SEE IT YET, WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU????
Rebekah and I both loved it. Heath Ledger actually exceeded my expectations (and I had HIGH hopes especially from him)
and Christian Bale...well, let's just say, he never disappoints. Plus he does the best Batman voice in the history of...Batman. Rebekah and I both found him sufficiently...YUMMY?And we capped it all off with supper at this cute pub place near the theatre, drove home (once again belting out Celine's tunes) to find Craig and Jaden back from their little trip.
Again, I know a lot of this might seem relatively mundane and run-0f-the-mill to many of you, but it really was a fabulous weekend. Love ya, Rebekah Jane. xoxo





7 comments:
That sounds like an awesome weekend! And I'm sure I would have a heart attack if I went into the crafty place:) Zoe and I went to see 'The Dark Knight' last night. LOOOOOOOOOOVED IT! And I repeat...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED IT! Totally exceeded my expectations as well. I found Heath went over and above with what I thought Joker would be like. He took it to a different level...especially with the licking his lips all of the time. It made his scars way creepier. Anywho, I'm sure you know all about it already so I'll stop. Luv ya.
ya. i had super high expectations of heath especially after seeing all the previews. he looked like he just committed 100% to the character. absolutely amazing character quirks that he carried throughout. and the way he spoke was beyond phenomenal. gave the joker that extra creep-factor. not a trace of australian accent anywheres. amazing
Ya he was GREAT - I saw an interview with Christian Bale and he said that as long as Heath had the makeup on, he stayed in character. Apparantly he was pretty creepy to hang out with on set unless he'd washed his face! :)
Yes, absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED it (I cannot add enough 'o's...) and OH my word 2-face was so gross!!! Just ask Bri- I nearly threw up everytime I saw his eye! YUCK (Well done, wouldn't change it, but YUCK!!)
i loved 2 face. i didn't even find him gross. just very very very well done. seriously. i still want to know how they made his face look so realistic. wasn't even cheesy!
I agree Julia! I really liked 2 face and I actually couldn't look away from the grossness because it was so well done. And yes, Zoe had a fit every time she saw him. It was funny!
wow! what! a! weekend!
and btw you ARE NOT....i repeat -- ARE NOT -- the only one who feels that way about cake. (or anything with sugar for that matter. ;) )
ps lurve those swanky earings.
awesome. i was feeling quite lonesome about that cake thing. i feel much better now. :)
Post a Comment