currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Saturday, August 16, 2008

Don't worry, I WAS NOT IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT...

The definition of pure unadulterated Joy according to the dictionary of...well, moi!, because that's really the only thing that counts on this blog, now isn't it? HAHA. JUST KIDDING. Am I getting awfully full of myself these days? :)

But seriously, the definition of pure unadulterated Joy is...

...LEGALLY driving 210 km/h in the Audi Q7.

Herr Hitler might have been one of the vilest human beings to ever attempt to take over the world, but I really think he was wearing his thinking cap when he stumbled upon the Autobahn concept in that God-only-knows-what-was-going-on-in-there brain of his.

I mean, seriously, we drove 26km in 12 minutes. And didn't have to worry about getting a speeding ticket. How cool is that? Jealous, James?

P.S. to my Parents: don't worry, it was Maike's dad driving. :)

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Wow, that's cool! The Autobahn is one thing I would like to experience some day. And the Audi Q7 is a big expensive vehicle! I have never even sat in one. I'm a Porsche fan myself. Julia, are you going to be all upper-class when you get back to Canada, driving around at fast speeds in luxury vehicles? :)

I once went 235 km/h in my friend's Trans Am down St. Mary's Road and that was a rush for sure.

On the other end of the spectrum, there's my car with its tiny 1.6L engine. It's governed to 170 km/h but I think it would fall apart long before it got to that speed!

Roo said...

wow! 210! that's crazy. i once went 180 km/h on pembina hwy. yup. actually, i didn't even realise i was going that fast until a police man pulled me over and told me.

it was a painful day.

Anonymous said...

can you imagine doing that on manitoba winter roads. **shudder**

i think you'd need several pots of tim horton's in order to recover.