currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Sunday, June 8, 2008

I did what I said I'd never do...AGAIN

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I did what I swore never to do...and that is to get a blog. I just never had a reason to acquire one before, seeing as how my life consisted of university and work, with intermittent periods of sleep and plenty of eating. Not all that interesting. Now, I can write for a long time about very uninteresting stuff, but I really didn't think anyone would read it. But I have had several inquiries as to whether I would start one with my year in Germany so quickly approaching and I have decided that it might not be a bad idea to keep anyone who happens to care updated in this fashion instead of boring old emails. And I'm still not sure if anyone will read it. :P So here we go.
I'm basically starting to blog a month before I leave just so I can figure out how this is SUPPOSED to work while I'm still in the comforts of my own home with my own computer and my own father who knows how to fix everything that won't work properly. For example, I just spent the last two hours trying to GET A GOOGLE ACCOUNT. That's right folks. Now you must be wondering "is she a moron"?? I assure you, although it has been insinuated on several occasions by several people, I can safely proclaim myself relatively sane and coherent, possibly even slightly intelligent on a good day. But after those two hours of simply being brought back to the sign in screen every time I tried to log on, after deleting and making a brand new account over and over, I finally realized that it was something about my laptop. Some of the settings are super screwy (ya, my dad is still in the process of GETTING AROUND to fixing all that...preferrably within the next 28 days) so it just WAS NOT WORKING. Fed up, I decided to try it on the computer in my dad's office...and VOILA. First try I was in! Great story, hey?
Anyways, as you can already see, I have never experienced writer's block. Well, except when I had to write that paper for my really cute Religion prof who was so ridiculously smart that I knew even I couldn't BS my way through that class and he kept asking for these crazy long papers with insane topics. Don't ask me how I pulled an A. Maybe he thought I was cute too. Haha. Just kidding, folks. So back to my point about not have a problem with writer's block...I am an English major and I'm good at it. So I just want to give you fair warning:
Now that I have been given unlimited space on the Internet, I fully intend to abuse my power. My posts will most likely be frequent and lengthy, so if that's not your cup of tea, then you can write me off right now.
If, on the other hand, you care about my life drama while I am in Germany (and I am VERY good at making drama for myself), then keep on reading. :) I will try to keep everything PG...well, PG-14. :P But that is not a promise.

7 comments:

bria erskine said...

YAY! I'm the first one to leave a comment on your blog! I'm very excited to read your blog and keep myself updated on what's going on over in Germany. I WILL leave nasty posts if you don't update it on a weekly basis...just so you know:)
-Bria

Anonymous said...

number 2 number 2!!! rest assured julia...you WILL be missed this year. but i'm so glad that i can still be in the loop of your life:)

Jordan said...

Well, I came in third with leaving a comment. Story of my life. Julia, your blog is so much more classy than mine. Instead of comments, people leave "reflections". Then there's the parchment-look of the post area. You've even got the stylish brown wallpaper background. I feel like I am not cultured enough to visit this blog. Thanks for making me feel like dirt.

Jordan said...

Well, I came in third with leaving a comment. Story of my life. Julia, your blog is so much more classy than mine. Instead of comments, people leave "reflections". Then there's the parchment-look of the post area. You've even got the stylish brown wallpaper background. I feel like I am not cultured enough to visit this blog. Thanks for making me feel like dirt.

Jordan said...

So it turns out you only have to click the "Publish Your Comment" button once. You learn something every day...

JuliaD said...

no worries, jordan, you're classy enough. and if it makes you feel better i'm changing my "reflections" to talkbacks. i figure reflections was more suited for a very serious, touchy-feely kind of blog. mine will be sarcastic and weird...just like me. so ya...and the reason my page looks so "classy" as you call it is cuz the name of this template is "scribe" which i found very fitting. plus it looked old school shakespearean or something and i do have a thing for old literature...but who wouldn't want granny brown wallpaper as their background anyways???

Anonymous said...

Julia...I'm at a loss for words right now. I think your blog is great, & probably lenghthy due to your extremely fast typing speed, this...well it took me 10 mins to type it all in...good read though.
Deidre