currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

i. am. squirrel.

Oh man i nearly forgot my second favourite Brit word! "Knob". It's just an insult. Not quite sure exactly what it means, but I have a feeling it's not very nice - I'm a little afraid to ask; it's probably pervy. Oh, and "dodgey" is my third favourite word. Brilliant. Plus I love how British people constantly use insults as forms of endearment. They have such an incredibly morbid sense of humour. Maybe that's why I love their movies and comedy so much. I was born on the wrong frigging continent. LOL. Anyways, they always call one another "fatty" or "knob" ... or worse; whereas we North Americans refer to one another as "love" or "beautiful" or "darling" or "gorgeous" and the list goes on. Strange. **Note: this is NOT an invitation for you to all start your emails to me with insults. I'm still a Canadian... :P


Um, what else? Today was my first day back at school in 3.5 weeks. Actually I shouldn't have even bothered getting out of bed. I didn't have to attend 3 of my 4 scheduled classes. Fruitful day, don't ya think??? Grrrr. I hate days like that. Especially when you bike ALL THE WAY OUT TO THE SECOND SCHOOL BUILDING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CITY ONLY TO REALIZE THAT MOST OF THE STUDENTS FROM YOUR AFTER-SCHOOL ENGLISH CLASS ALL WENT HOME 2 HOURS EARLIER - i dunno, why they didn't have regular classes - don't really care. Meaning class is cancelled (cuz there's no point in teaching 2 people and then repeating it all again next week for the other 5) so you may as well just swing that tired a** back onto your rickety, rusty mass of spokes and rubber (I want my car back!) and pedal back home before you've even caught your breath from the ride THERE. Grr. Grr. Grr. Stupid voluntary classes that students aren't obligated to attend...It's ok, Julia, you're not around next week and then it's just two more lessons... THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANNA TEACH HIGH SCHOOL. I DESPISE SNOTTY 17 YEAR OLDS. Apparently I only like little snotty kids. Actually I shouldn't give you the wrong impression. The older kids are really nice. I just don't really enjoy teaching those classes as much as the younger ones.


Anyways, point of the story: frustrating day in terms of school. Or I guess LACK OF IT.


You're probably wondering why I won't be in school next week. Well, I get to go on another school trip! YAY! But it's just a short one. 3 days with the grade sixes. Sweet. I LOVE those kids. So cute. Plus they worship me, which always helps. ;P


My iTunes is playing Taylor Dayne again!! Think it's trying to tell me something? Or does it just KNOW that I LOVE THIS FRIGGING SONG!!! "Take me I'm yours...into your arms...never let me go....tonight I really need to know..." TELL IT TO MY HEART baby. frick ya. Sorry, need to stop for a little 80s dancing session (ah, the joys of living alone...)


Ok, I'm back. That was fun. And yes, I used a hairbrush as a microphone. And no, I feel no shame. What you see is what you get...


Can you tell I have too much energy? I've got the attention span of a squirrel. Did you know that my right calf is more defined than my right? I noticed during my workout today...


Ok, by the way, I find it hilarious how many emails and messages I've gotten about getting James to come to Canada. LOL! Geez, most of you ladies are married/engaged/dating! Oh, did I mention that he's a professional personal trainer? Trained the likes of Emma Thompson, Lily Allen, and Ioan Gruffudd (from Fantastic Four). Haha. I did tell him today tho that apparently he (and his impressive rugby skills) are always welcome in Canada. :P


Ok, I can't keep any thoughts straight anymore. In fact none of the "thoughts" above seem to be very organized either. So I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead. Happy day-after-Audrey-Hepburn's-birthday. ... I'm ridiculous.

2 comments:

bria erskine said...

You make me smile. And I love the word 'Dodgey', I try to use it as much as possible. I think that I was born on the wrong continent as well. (Mainly for fashion reasons...Winnipeg just isn't the most fashion forward place)

JuliaD said...

no but it's better than a lot of germany, surprisingly...