currently listening to MuteMath's new CD "Armistice"


Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Shmeaster...couldn't think of a better title...I'm sorry, I'll work on it...

So I just unpacked from Easter holidays. Then I repacked for England. I once again have far too many clothes along but I don't exactly know what I'll want to wear next Tuesday, now do I? So I need OPTIONS. Apparently we're supposed to have good weather. YAY! Although I can't complain. I just had 3 complete weeks of sunshine and blue skies. I have major tanlines already. Nuts! Ok, so it's been raining since yesterday. But that's hardly worth mentioning.

So I'm gonna run through the last week in oober-short point form. Seeing as how I have no time and a week is a lot of ground to cover. Highlights it is!

- Friday, April 10th. Apparently buses don't run on Good Friday. I checked the bus schedule 10,000 times and it only mentioned Christmas and New Year's, so I figured I was safe. Apparently not. I sat at the bus stop for 20 minutes before I gave up and begged a ride to the train station from my landlord. Anyways, caught the train and all, but the next train I took had some kind of engine issue. So the train stopped in the middle of the forest for about 10 minutes while the conductor dude "fixed it" and then we had smooth sailing for the next 2.5 hours. Apparently it wasn't my day to travel....But I made it in the end. Hooray!

- Saturday, April 11. Went for a 36 km bike ride with my cousin, Jasmin, and two of her friends. All that for some Italian ice cream. Oh well, it was very tasty and at least there were no guilty side effects ... I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure I burned off enough calories that day for 2 buckets of ice cream, never mind two teeny little balls of it.

- Sunday, April 12. Had rabbit for lunch. Whole thing was cooked. Including head. I was forced to slurp the meat off the cheek bone. It's supposed to be oober good or something. Must say the oober-goodness came off as slightly less oober-good simply because I was aware that I had a skull bone in my mouth. I mean, there was an eye socket, people. Ew.

- Monday, April 13. Went to some coolio architecture village in Stuttgart with my cousin, Jasmin. We got lost, decided we needed some overpriced Coca Cola from this ritzy little cafe, then found what we were looking for. Called the Weissenhofsiedlung, in case any of you are architecture fans. Then we went on a Starbucks hunt and sat on the giant lawn in front of the Stuttgarter castle, sipping a strawberries and creme frappucino while baking in the sun. Did I mention tanlines??? :P I'm evil, I know. Then we went to Jasmin's apartment, made a disgusting and unsightly amount of spagetti pesto with a retarded amount of freshly pressed garlic ... and ate it all, of course. Then it was time to say a final farewell to Jasmin.

- Tuesday, April 14. Went to Pforzheim for the last time with my aunt Edda. Found sweetest slouchy hat thing and scarf thing at United Colors of Benetton. SALE. Woooo. And sunglasses. Then made my aunt take me to Cafe Rialto. Best ice cream in Germany. We went there a lot when I was really little (5 years old) and then again regularly when we lived in Germany, so it's kind of a childhood nostalgia thing. So sad. Last giant crazy fruity ice cream creation. Although for something that's supposed to have all sorts of exotic fruit it sure had a lot of apple slices. Trying to cut down on costs or somethin'?? Can't fool meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Mennonite mafia will WIPE YOU OUT.

- Wednesday, April 15. Did nothing. Read all day outside on the balcony. Entire 379 page novel done by 4pm. Was the last book I had along. Immediately experienced major panic attacks due to lack of reading material and inability to imagine how I would survive the next 3 days.

- Thursday, April 16. Took train to my other cousin's place. Klaus and Carina. Had to say goodbye to my aunt Edda and uncle Roland. Very sad. Won't see them again before I come back home to Canada.

- Friday, April 17. First day of rain in 3 weeks. Almost forgot what the stuff felt like. Went shopping in the morning in Aalen with Carina. (No purchases, mother dearest) Ate pizza slice for 2 euros. Not bad considering. Although those were DEFINITELY canned mushrooms. Chintzy. Booo. On the upside, lots of sauce. I HATE it when they skimp on sauce. Um, then went to the Steiff Museum in Giengen. This is where the first teddy bears were invented (strangely enough, named "teddy" bears after US president Ted Roosevelt...) Anywho, they are world-famous teddies. Retardedly overpriced, but they're a German novelty so I had to take one home with me. Used to have one when I was little, but it prolly got sold at the garage sale when we moved to Germany. So now I have Charly. He is the softest thing I have ever touched. I'm a little in love. Man search over.

- Saturday, April 18. Said goodbye to Klaus, Carina, and their 3 year old, Loris. Very sad. Had a lot of good times with them this year. Then sat in various trains for approximately ... 5.5 hours. Then sat around at train station for 45 minutes waiting for bus. Then almost missed bus because apparently on weekends they use a different bus stop than on weekdays. Realized it in the nick of time and ran after bus as it was pulling away. Dude opened the door and stared at me for a full 5 seconds after I clambered on, then coldly informed me that they use a different bus stop on the weekends. THANKS ... I NOTICED. Seriously, I could have chilled a coke on his eyeballs. I think I got goosebumps just by looking at him. It's not as if I was asking him to move the freaking Alps for me ... just let me on the flippin' bus!!!! Which, by the way, only had ONE FREAKING OTHER PERSON ON IT. AND NO ONE ELSE GOT ON THE WHOLE RIDE. Like he was really in a rush...

- Last note: Officially dislike James Patterson novels. Good ideas, poor writing. In my opinion. I kept shaking my head in embarrassment ... for him ... It's like hearing Liza Minnelli on the radio and alternately wondering whether both or just one of her producer's ear drums exploded at some crazy-ass swing music festival in the early 1940s, hence his inability to realize the woman has one scary voice, or whether she made it because she sat outside the record label's offices all day belting show tunes until someone finally decided it was a better idea to put her in a sound proof room and let her croak into a microphone ... my theory: all her music was secretly sponsored by the underground Sadistic Society for the Deaf of the USA, bent on making sure obscene amounts of unbearable music punishes those of us who can still hear! Wow I've got an evil streak today. But this was supposed to be about James Patterson. Honestly, I will never read a Patterson novel again... I could pull better writing out of my grade 6 diary. Anyone know of a good publisher???(Oh Lord, I hope Patterson's lawyer or manager, or whatever authors have, doesn't read this and sue me. Or Liza Minnelli's, for that matter...)

Ok, so now you're all up to date. Twil see what kind of Internet options I have in England. By the way, for those counting ... which would technically just be me ... 42 days left!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Glad you had a good Easter holiday. Hope you have a great time in GB. Have to say I'm a little envious.

As for poor Mr. Patterson - considering how many best sellers the man has had, I doubt his lawyer or manager or anyone else will be overly concerned about your poor opinion of his writing. :-)

Love you!

bria erskine said...

I'm reeling in jealousy over the fact that you went to a United Colors Of Benetton! Hate you. (but very happy that you're getting home soon!)